What are biometric time and attendance systems?
Keeping track of staff and their time can be difficult, especially when sometimes it's not a primary aspect of your role. Knowing when your staff has got into the office and when they leave is always important in HR(human resources) when there are problems. Biometric time and attendance systems have brought the more precise system to measure group or individual's activities and attendance as well. A biometric time and attendance system will record the clocking in and clocking out of your staff during their working day, and our staff will not need ID cards.
How do biometric time attendance systems work?
Using a biometric time attendance system is becoming increasingly common in corporate and public security systems. A biometric time attendance machine captures your unique biological/physical feature such as your hand or fingerprint, face, iris pattern, hand palm, and sometimes even your voice as a record for identity verification. It allows you to perform something that you are authorized to do.
For example, biometric time and attendance systems use the fingerprints of employees to verify who is clocking in and clocking out of work each day. The fingerprint time attendance machine scans the employee's finger, coordinates are determined, and then the system maps the endpoints and intersections of the fingerprint. The next time the employee uses the touch screen on the biometric system to clock in or out, the coordinates on file are matched with the fingerprint on the screen to verify the employee's identity. If an employee does not register into the time attendance machine, they will not be able to use the biometric system to clock in and out of work each day.
How does biometric technology improve employee time management?
The increasing popularity of biometrics-based systems for time and attendance machines has many benefits because of the biometrics system's capability to recognize unique physiological characteristics(such as fingerprint, voice pattern, hand palm, face shape, or Iris); biometrics technology work entirely for employee time management. On the other hand, this ensures every employee clocks in for their time, not for someone else.
Benefits of a biometric time & attendance system:
- It has many advantages over conventional time tracking used at organizations. Typically such organizations maintain a register book, where people enter their name, time in, time out, and other required details, but the problem with this manual system is inaccuracy, time-consuming, unreliable, and most important is less secure.
- Biometric time attendance is very user friendly and easy to use; any person can use it very quickly. It is swift; also, the user has to see once in front of the system, and all details, including its time, will be recorded automatically. In this way, it saves a lot of time and still records details very accurately. We can avoid early punching, late punching, and buddy punching very easily.
- Many schools and colleges use biometric time attendance to track their student's attendance. The biggest advantage of a biometric time attendance machine over manual tracking is the best security. Many shops and shopping malls use biometric access control systems for security purposes, which works a lot.
- If you want to use a biometric time attendance system for business or organization, they can easily integrate into payroll systems, account systems, and billing systems. So in that way, it is very flexible. Besides, it shows that time attendance machines can use for businesses and organizations with great flexibility.
- Biometric time attendance systems are reliable technology to ensure the accuracy of attendance and are useful to those dealing with a large number of employees. In a nutshell, biometric time attendance solutions permit you to focus on your core business by giving the quickest and easiest way to overcome your time tracking issues.
- Biometric time attendance system is a foolproof technology to ensure the accuracy of attendance and is useful to the ones who deal with a large number of employees. In a nutshell, biometric time attendance solutions permit you to focus on your core business by giving the quickest and easiest way to overcome your time tracking issues.