Time & attendance devices are used to track entrance and exit personnel at work. A time and attendance system enables an employer to monitor their employees working hours and late arrivals, early departures, time taken on breaks and absenteeism. Time and attendance systems are divided into two general categories: manual and automatic.
Manual systems were based on paper that personnel's entrance and exit time was printed on paper. Using of these types of systems was a very laborious task in calculating salaries. And sometimes it took a few days to calculate the salary; on the other hand, the late payment of personal salaries caused them to be dissatisfied. With the advent of computers, card time and attendance machines were introduced, After that fingerprint and face recognition time and attendance were created.
Time and attendance types :
Punch time clock :
The first time and attendance devices were Punch time & attendance devices, which the date and time of personnel entrance or exit were registered on the card by placing the card in a special slot. These cards were tabulated from days of the month that each day was split into two sections for entrance and exit. At the end of the month, these cards were collected to calculate working hours and late arrivals, early departures, time taken on breaks, absenteeism and calculating these times for organizations with a large number of personnel was very laborious, and sometimes it took for a few days.
Card time & attendance :
With the advent of computers, punch attendance devices replaced with card time and attendance, as soon as the use of card time & attendance devices became widespread everywhere. The method of work on the initial card attendance devices was to send a code to the attendance system under DOS by dragging the card into the device. Card time & attendance devices include two categories:
time and attendance types :
- Contact Cards:
- Contact cards of time & attendance system are cards that must be contacted by the device to register entrance and exit. Contact cards consist of barcode and magnetic cards that communicate with each other through the slot embedded in the time & attendance device.
- Contactless Cards:
- Contactless cards located only in near of time attendance device, and physical connection between them is not established. Radio frequency RF is used in these cards. Contactless cards communicate with time & attendance devices at least 10 centimeters to up.
- The most commonly time & attendance cards are RFID(125KHz) cards and Mifare(13.56MHZ) cards. Mifare cards have a storage capacity up to 1 kilobyte, and this information can read and write.
|Ferequency range||125kHz||13.56MHz||300MHz ~ 3GHz|
Biometric time & attendance :
Biometric technology uses human components such as fingerprints, face, IRIS, palms, or voice for identification. All of these components are unique in every human. The most famous biometric technology used in time & attendance devices is use of face recognition and fingerprint technology.
Fingerprint time and attendance :
In fingerprint time and attendance devices, multiple fingerprints of personnel are recorded then, when the person wants to record entrance and exit, put his finger on the sensor. His fingerprints are compared with registerd fingerprints in database then personnel identified.
Types of combination detection methods in fingerprint time and attendance :
- Identify fingerprint alone
- Identify fingerprint and password
- Identify fingeprint and card
Face recognition time and attendance :In face recognition devices Face Detection When defining personnel, usually several examples of his face are taken at different angles of the photo and
Face recognition time & attendance devices checks a person’s identity by comparing the face images with previously registered face images.
Types of combination detection methods in Face recognition time and attendance :
- Alone face recognition
- Face recognition & fingerprint
- Face recognition & card
- Face recognition & password
- Face recognition & fingerprint & card
- Face recognition & fingerprint & password
- Face recognition & fingerprint & password
- Face recognition & card & password
- Face recognition & fingerprint & card & password
Advantages of time & attendance machine:
- Spend less time to calculate salary :
- The most basic benefit to your business is that less time will be spent, both by employees, tracking, recording and processing their time spent working each day, week and month. By upgrading, some businesses cut their time calculating payroll each month by up to 70%. Employees can focus on their respective jobs, rather than the additional task of accounting for themselves.
- Prevent time theft :
- Time theft can include everything from taking a longer lunch than allotted or clocking in for a friend when they’re late to work. The American Payroll Association estimates that over 75% of businesses lose money from buddy punching, But by using the Biometric time & attendance devices this problem has been solved thoroughly.
- Prevent human error :
- Nobody is perfect, not even if they have a calculator, spreadsheet or other computation device handy. Even the most accurate typist makes one mistake for every 300 keystrokes. It's easy tocontrol this problems by using by using face recognition, fingerprint, card, and password time & attendance.
- Keep employees information :
- A very common question for employees in the business is that they want to know how many hours of leave they have util the end of year or month. The Palizafzar time and attendance software in model of web and Windows base allows employees to access their work information at any time and place.
- Spend less time and resources on paperwork :
- Merely sorting through, organizing and processing paperwork can be time-consuming. Additionally, the cost of replenishing the items needed to maintain an old time and attendance system, paper, pens/pencils, printer ink and toner, etc. can be prohibitive in the long run.
- A system that can grow with your business :
- A paper based system may work in some cases for you small businesses now, but if you expect your business to grow or to hire more employees in the future and have more information to track, it's better to use the biometric time & attendance devices.
- Create a central database :
- If your company is spread out across multiple offices or floors, it’s better to use a centralized database with guaranteed information practices, and this information can be accessed from anywhere so managers can track information of their personnel. Palizafzar’s time and attendance products compatible with time and attendance software, and uses a huge database to support employee information.
The disadvantages of relying on time-consuming and outdated methods of employee time-tracking are numerous, it costs time and money; it can lead to stress-related illnesses for those who have to spend hours each week collecting, correcting and calculating timesheets; it distracts employees from completing the tasks they were hired to tackle each week. Rather than staying in the past, embrace the future by switching to a quality time and attendance system, and let your company enjoy the benefits of time & attendance machines.
To watch movie of the first time and attendance machines up to now, you can refer to the link below :