In the security and protection places, access control system has a hugely important role in the movement of people. Using access control systems can be the best choice for corporate managers. Therefore, they can easily monitor online without being present. In this article, we are tending to learn how biometric access control systems work by magnetic lock, access control Virdi AC2100 Plus, exit button, and access control Virdi SR 100 FP. The plan we want to implement in an organization to control the door is as follows (Figure 1). If you want to control personnel traffic from both sides of the door, you will need two sets of access control systems. (e.g Virdi AC2100 Plus and Virdi SR-100 FP / Figure 1-1). Now, if you want to control personnel traffic only one side of the door, you need an access control device and an exit button key (Figure 1-2).
Checking access control Virdi AC2100 Plus wires :
An access control Virdi AC2100 Plus has formed a series of colored wires on the back panel. This bunch of wires is divided into six general groups.
- The first group is the network cable, which consists of four wires called # 6 [c], # 2 , # [w / 0], and # 3 [w / 6]. This cable is used to TCP/IP network.
- The second group consists of two wires called GND / Ground and +12v, which are connected to a socket. This socket will be connected to an adapter for power the device.
- The Third group consists of four wires called EXT (Exit), DM0, DM1, and GND. If the traffic on the other side of the door does not look important who opens the door, we will use the exit key by connecting the EXT and GND wires from a device to an exit key.
- The fourth group consists of seven wires called GND, W11, W10, W01, W00, R4B, and R4A. Suppose we want to control an electronic door from both sides. In this case, we need two devices for controlling the traffic on both sides of the door. The primary and secondary access control device control one entity and connect to a single database. Accordingly, we need to establish a relationship between two devices. For this, we use R4B and R4A wires the same as RS485 communication due to communicating with each other.
- The fifth group includes two wires called GND and +12v, which are without a socket.
- The sixth group consists of seven wires called L1C, L1NC (Normal Close), L1NO (Normal Open), L2, and two GNDs.
How does an access control system work?
- Virdi SR-100 FP has four wires called GND, + 5V, R4A, R4B. To connection Virdi AC2100 Plus and Virdi SR-100 FP, we act like the following:
- ** Note that here the device is powered by 5v, not 12v.
Installation access control system
As mentioned above, if only the one-way access control is required, we use an exit button on the other side of the door. An exit button performs a relay operation here, which means by pushing the exit button, the 12-volt current link is cut off for a few seconds, and doors will open.
Introducing magnetic locks:
Palizafzar’s magnetic locks consist of two output wires in black and red. Red wire requires 12 volts, and black wire use for connecting GND (Ground).
To connect a fingerprint access control system and a magnetic lock, it’s the most desirable using separate adapters. As a result, If the adapter of the fingerprint access control system may have been damaged, the electronic door will keep in work continuously. The electronic door will continue to operate continuously without interruption because the Magnet Lock uses a separate adapter.
Why do we need to use separate adapters?
- Suppose that you use just an adapter for magnetic lock and access control Virdi AC2100 Plus, use an adapter, and the corresponding wiring on the back of the traffic control device. In this case, there is a risk of an electric-magnetic lock always sends 12V output to the access control system. For this reason, we use separate adapters.
- Note: Since the electronic door always has a 12 voltage on it and by fingering, the relay disconnect communication for a few seconds until the door will be opened. Always keep in mind that with disconnecting the main electricity of the building, doors always would remain as open. Therefore, it is recommended that you use UPS to maintain security.
How to install access control device :
To establish a connection between a magnetic lock and a relay, we should provide a secure connection, as shown below. As you can see in the figure, the red wire of the magnetic lock is connected to the 12+ volt adapter, and the GND wire of the magnetic lock is connected to the L1NC wire access control AC2100 Plus, and the L1C wire of the access control device is connected to the GND wire of adapter.
After installing an access control system with an electronic door lock and an exit button or a secondary access control device, you can now turn on fingerprint access control Virdi AC2100 Plus and connect it to the network and server.